Classes and Meetings are held on the 2nd Monday of each month unless there is a schedule conflict, if a conflict, a new date change will be voted on by membership. Class and meetings are held at the Southside Preservation Hall at 1519 Lipscomb St., Fort Worth, TX 76104. We have a guest speaker at each meeting that offers great learning opportunities and will answer any questions you may have.
Update 1/9/17: The Beekeeping Class is full for this year and will not be accepting any new participants. Please join us at the General Meeting. It’s a great way to get started if you are new to beekeeping.
Beekeeping Class begins at 5:30 p.m. The 11 class program is January-November. Class is $95 and includes a book. Please contact Stan Key (lead instructor) for information.
1. Students in course must be members of the MBA ($20/year for you & your immediate family).
2. The focus of the course is education about bee keeping.
3. Course costs are $95, paid in cash or check. This cost is per person.
4. We meet the SECOND Monday of each month (January-November) from 5:30p to 6:25p at the Southside Preservation Hall in Fort Worth (1519 Lipscomb St Forth Worth, Texas 76104).
5. Instructional focus includes: bee biology and behaviors, beekeeping equipment options, hands on opportunities to work in a bee yard, and the best practices in beekeeping. In addition, we will look at many pictures and see ways to effectively manage bees. There will be ample opportunities to ask questions and observe experienced beekeepers in action.
General Meeting begins at 6:30 p.m. Guest and visitors are welcome. Members are asked to occasionally bring a snack or drink to share during break. You can browse the bee-related vendors during the break. Earn One raffle ticket when you bring a food/snack/drink item to share during the meeting break. Earn Five raffle tickets if you donate a raffle item. You can also purchase raffle tickets One ticket for $1 or Six ticket for $5. Raffle ticket sales help support the youth scholarship program. Some restrictions apply to the donated raffle item. Hope to see you there!!