MBA Hill/Stokes Memorial Youth Scholarship
Access 2017 Application/Agreement Now!
Deadline to submit application is November 18, 2016
The art of beekeeping is being encouraged through this youth scholarship program. Metro Beekeepers Association (MBA) began scholarships for youth in 2011.
- To educate youth in the art of beekeeping and to promote a better understanding of the value of honey bees to our environment and to the food chain.
- To provide an opportunity for youth to experience responsibility and enjoyment through beekeeping.
- To provide an avenue for youth to engage in an avocation and gain the potential to pursue beekeeping as a sideline or full time vocation.
- A one year family membership in the Metro Beekeepers Association
- An 11-month beekeeping course and course book.
- A set of wooden-ware for a beehive.
- A nuc or package of bees for the hive.
- Beekeeping gear: hat, veil, gloves, hive tool, bee brush, and bee smoker.
- Mentoring by a MBA member for one year.
- Upon successful completion of the scholarship requirements, the recipient(s) will receive a recognition certificate and full ownership of the hive.
- The applicant must be between the ages of 12 and 18 by September 1, 2016.
- The applicant must be currently enrolled in public, private or home school.
- The applicant must have permission and agreement from parent or guardian.
- The applicant and immediate family cannot have any bee colonies prior to 2017.
- The application must postmarked or e-mailed by November 18, 2016.
For any questions regarding the youth scholarships, please email questions to: . Applications can be emailed to or mailed to:
Metro Beekeepers Association