Metro Beekeepers Association (MBA) is an organization of hobbyist, side liner and commercial beekeepers that meet once monthly for learning, fellowship, food and fun. Serving Tarrant and surrounding counties in North Texas. Meetings are held the 2nd Monday of each month. Guests are welcome. MBA is focused on educating the general public and MBA members on the importance of honey bees and beekeeping techniques.
April 2018 Meeting Information (4/9/2018 @6:30PM):
Topic of Discussion: Surprise
Presentations by: Surprise Speaker(s)
About the Speakers:
Club and Beekeeping Class Dues, Due:
We will be taking payments at the meeting for the beginner bee class and annual membership dues. Cash and/or checks only!!
Reminder To Bring a Drink or Snack for the Break!
Our next monthly meeting will be Monday February 12th, 2018 in the Southside Preservation Hall (1519 Lipscomb Ave Fort Worth, Texas). Meeting starts at 630p and ends at 830p.
**Membership dues for 2018 are being accepted now. If you would like to join the Metro Beekeepers Association , pay now $20 and membership will be valid from payment date until end of 2018. Go to our Join Now page to pay with Paypal or mail in payment to the address listed. Don't forget to complete the membership form. Or you can pay in person at the meeting with cash or check.
** 2018 Youth Scholarship program candidates were interviewed on Saturday December 9th & will be announced at the January 8th 2018 meeting.**
** Sign up for the 2018 Beekeeping Class- Beekeeping Class begins at 5:30 p.m. The 11 class program is January-November. Class is $125 and includes a book. Please contact Stan Key (lead instructor) for information.
1. Students in course must be members of the MBA ($20/year for you & your immediate family).
2. The focus of the course is education about bee keeping.
3. Course costs are $125, paid in cash or check. This cost is per person.
4. We meet the SECOND Monday of each month (January-November) from 5:30p to 6:25p at the Southside Preservation Hall in Fort Worth (1519 Lipscomb St Forth Worth, Texas 76104).
5. Instructional focus includes: bee biology and behaviors, beekeeping equipment options, hands on opportunities to work in a bee yard, and the best practices in beekeeping. In addition, we will look at many pictures and see ways to effectively manage bees. There will be ample opportunities to ask questions and observe experienced beekeepers in action.
Guests are welcome to attend. Members are asked to occasionally bring a snack or drink to share during break. You can browse the bee-related vendors during the break. Earn One raffle ticket when you bring a food/snack/drink item to share during the meeting break. Earn Five raffle tickets if you donate a raffle item. You can also purchase raffle tickets One ticket for $1 or Six ticket for $5. Raffle ticket sales help support the youth scholarship program. Some restrictions apply to the donated raffle item. Hope to see you there!! Post Your Photos! Post photos on the Photo Gallery Page or on the MBA Facebook Group page and they just might be highlighted during the slideshows at our monthly general meetings. If you haven't "joined" our MBA Facebook Group, do it today, it's a great way to ask questions to fellow beekeepers and more. Photo Gallery - Lots of new photos added MBA Members only can now submit photos. All photos will be reviewed and membership verified prior to posting. View this new feature and submit your photos to be added.