Welcome to Metro Beekeepers.
The Metro Beekeepers Association (“MBA”) is organized to educate its members, and the general public of the importance of bees to horticulture and the environment. We provide education about the best methods of beekeeping and honey production. We promote beekeeping in urban areas, as well as, attracting and training future beekeepers in the science, and craft of beekeeping.
Membership is open to the public and consists primarily of amateur beekeepers and others not professionally connected with beekeeping or commercial honey production. Our meetings take place on the second Monday of every month.
Our December Meeting
On December 8th, Cybil Preston will tell us about Mack, her Labrador Retriever who can sniff out American Foulbrood (AFB), which is one of the most devastating honeybee colony diseases. Cybil is the chief apiary inspector for the Maryland Department of Agriculture.
This page will be updated with the zoom meeting info, or you can see our facebook page.
Bee Removal Permit - please make sure to submit your Bee Removal Permits if you have not done so for this year. If we do not have your permit copy please send one to us or bring a copy to the meeting so that our website and files can be current.
** Sign up for the 2021 Beekeeping Class- Beekeeping Class begins at 5:30 p.m. The 11 class program is January-November. Class is $125 and includes a course text book.
- Students in course must be members of the MBA ($20/year for you & your immediate family).
- The focus of the course is education about bee keeping.
- Course costs are $125, paid in cash or check. This cost is per person.
- We meet the SECOND Monday of each month (January-November) from 5:30p to 6:25p at the Southside Preservation Hall in Fort Worth (1519 Lipscomb St Forth Worth, Texas 76104).
- Instructional focus includes: bee biology and behaviors, beekeeping equipment options, and the best practices in beekeeping. In addition, we will look at many pictures and see ways to effectively manage bees. There will be ample opportunities to ask questions of experienced beekeepers in action.